Monday, June 4, 2018

Vandwelling 101- Lights

Let's talk lighting in a van
First of all, the Luci light.

So many friends swore by it,i bought one to try. It was about S16 at Wal-Mart. Useless in my opinion. When it works, it works well.

The plastic inflatable was difficult to use.

The battery had almost no capacity. On low it might last 3-4 hours. It took longer and longer to charge. Within two months it required 3 days charging for two hours of light.

My opinion...a gadget not worth the money.

My GO XT dc powered tube light was $5. It's been in 4 of my vans. The light is a blueish light. It illuminates alot of the van. It does need to be plugged into dc socket. The switch is on the dc plug, the cord easily stretched the length of my old e250 extended length van.

My opinion- Hell Yes it's worth $5

My favorite, my Kaito Voyager solar/crank/battery weather radio. Yes it's a radio. I paid about $40 for mine.
With an internal battery, a space for 3 AA batteries, and it can also easily charge by usb.

Useful and bright, ith several charging methods. It will last a full night or two, is bright enough to read by.

My opinion- highly recommend. It's useful as a light and it's a multi functional device

My newest, I'm in love already with the bayco 36 LED light. At roughly $18, comes with both car charger and standard house charger. Recharge time is only 3-4 hours. It works 4 hours on high or 10 on the lower flashlight setting.

It's orange which makes it easy to spot. The hanging clip and the magnetic clip are gravy on an already good deal.

My opinion- highly recommend.

There are many choices out there. I do like having more than one type of light.
If you enjoyed this blog consider donating $1

If you enjoyed this blog please contribute $1
Paypal.me/LouBurgess/1






aypal.me/LouBurgess/1

No comments:

Post a Comment