Thursday, December 24, 2020

Vandwelling 101 -- 2020 Holiday Blahs Revisited

It's Christmas Eve for many, but what about those in a van or nomads alone and on the road.  Often we see many during this holiday time that feel left out or bereft.

So, let's talk about self care and alternative ways to enjoy this month,  especially during the covid-19 pandemic. 


I just went to Dollar General and splurged for less than $10. I bought Eckrich jalapeno and cheddar sausage links.  The 6 links will make either 2 or 3 good meals as the meat base of a meal.  Today,  I'll make potatoes, carrots,  and onions to go with them. Add a slice of whole wheat bread with real butter..ooohhh a treat.  

I got a pkg of 6 fun sized milky way candy bars for $1. The small decadent chocolate sweet satisfies my sweet tooth.  


I also bought $1 canister of potato chips and a box of sweet cereal.  That's my snacking supplies for enjoying while watching movies.  


Entertainment...ahhh thank you YouTube and tubi tv and Pluto for free choices of shows and movies to entertain me.  I have streaming subscription to both CBS and Hulu. 


My holiday attire is comfy leggings or sweaters topped with long sleeve t shirts.  Add a $3 fleece blanket folded in half diagonally for a shawl. 

Next i bundle into my big sleeping bag and liner with snacks and my two 2-liter rc cola for refreshments. 

Add one small chihuahua who steals the bed and demands her share of meals and snacks,  I'm all set for the holiday weekend.  Bliss. Just me and Kira. 

I'll be watching non holiday movies as usual,  King Ralph, Coyote Ugly, The Diehard movies, NCIS, Seal team,  Hawaii 5-0, NCIS Los Angeles. 

So rather than feeling lonely,  neglected,  or self pity,  I've made a pro-active plan for myself and the end of the year holidays. 

So enjoy whatever festive holidays you celebrate at this time,  Kira and I will sit this one out,  enjoying each other. 


See you down the road
JustLou and Kira

If you've enjoyed this blog feel free to donate $1 or more at donate


No comments:

Post a Comment