Thursday, December 1, 2016

Staying Warm

Park facing east. If you're boondocking, turn van so that you're facing sunrise in morning.

My usual routine when boondocking:

Get up and let my two pups out on leash attached to front passenger seat. They go out side barn doors.

Put coffee on. Warm hat on head, crocheted shawl over my lap.

Dogs inside, in their warm bed on front seat. Fleece blanket over them.

Coffee in hand, a quick hot meal in cast iron skillet. Think outside the box. Some canned meat, rice, and spices. Clear spot in skillet and scramble an egg if I have them on hand. Portion out hot breakfast in three portions, me and my two small dogs.

An after breakfast potty for them, then in their beds with fleece blanket over them. By ten am it's warm and toasty in van without using my buddy heater.

Now it's time to read, relax, watch videos, chat with friends.

Developing morning routine gives good start to the day. A van is mobile, you can turn it around to take advantage of the sun warming the interior.

Yes I know I'm in desert southwest, but I started doing this in Michigan snowy winters. :)

See you down the road

No comments:

Post a Comment