Saturday, November 26, 2016

Eating Well with no on board fridge

Many newbies learn a hard lesson about keeping food on hand.

Even when dwelling in a small car or minivan I kept enough food on hand so that I could last at least two weeks.

The lists below detail sources and types of useful canned and dry goods that will give a newbie easily prepared meals under most circumstances.

Check out freeze dried foods at 

http://www.augasonfarms.com/Dairy-Meat

I use many of their products. A number 10 can of tvp lasts one person a month if eaten daily.

Some of my personal favorites are ham tvp, beef tvp, taco tvp, cheese powder, tomato powder, potato shreds, and bell pepper dices.


I also use lots of the small canned meats found at family dollar, dollar general, and almost any grocery store. To name a few, Spam, Treet, ham, chicken, sardines. I'm just not a big tuna fan.

I also carry many dry goods as staples. Rice, instant potatoes, dry milk powder, lentils, beans, split peas, various types of pasta. While this is by no means a comprehensive list, it's a good start for being well stocked. 

I carry many spices, they take little room and add significant flavor to meals. 

I usually carry some canned goods. Pork n beans, vegetables, tomatoes, 

Then there are coffee, coffee creamer, sugar, vanilla, cocoa. 

This list should help almost anyone wanting to boondock but was worried about carrying enough food on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment