Friday, November 25, 2016

The HAT trick

Lots of us adore hats. I actually have a small bag of them. As well as 2 straw hats.

The desert gets cold at night and in the morning. You loose heat from your head.
So by having a hat on, you stay warmer and utilize less propane or wood for heat.

In daytime, when it's warm, that bright sun can really make it hard to see. As a woman, those big floppy sun hats (made of straw) both keep my head cool and shade my eyes. Add an inexpensive pair of sunglasses (designer name at flea markets $4) and not only am I comfortable, but I look a bit stylish.

Of course custom made hat bands on our straw hats allow us to express individuality.

It may seem silly to some, until you've boondocked out in desert or winter. Then you find your hat is one of your favorite items.

See you on the road
Lou

2 comments:

  1. Love my hats!!! You can go to Dollar tree and get one. Then make a hatband and doll it up..

    ReplyDelete