Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Vandwelling 101-3 I Want Hot Food & Coffee- Kitchen Gear

Cooking Gear

It's too expensive to always eat out & cheap fast food carries it's own health risks. So, what's the alternative?

I carry a two burner propane stove. I prefer the Ozark Trails one for several reasons.
*it has wind blocking panels
*it packs away smaller than most 2 burner stoves
*it's easy to clean
* lightweight and I can set it up in minutes

Cast Iron Skillet

I carry a medium cast iron skillet. Once properly seasoned, it's easily cleaned.
Cast iron offers even heat meaning meals properly cooked.

To clean, use spatula to get all food out, sprinkle coarse salt in it and use paper towel to scrub. Quick rinse with boiling water, wipe lard all around inside, store.

Stove Top Pressure Cooker

I have a 6 quart pressure cooker and I love it. I've cooked roasts, ham, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and pork tenderloin roast on my camp stove or over an open fire.

In my opinion, it's extremely useful & has many uses.  Average cost about $25

Coffee Pot

One of my most used items is 6 cup aluminum coffee pot. It goes on camp stove or over an open fire. Not only is it useful for coffee but it's very handy to heat water for bucket bath!

Bucket

Yes I said bucket. Mine is muti-use
Washing dishes, wash hair, take bath, store kitchen items in, it's uses go on & on. Although mine is plastic, I'd like to get a galvanized one in the near future.

Saucepan
2 qt stainless steel with lid. So very handy.

This gives you more than enough to eat well

No comments:

Post a Comment