Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Vandwelling101- Do I Really Need That Much Power?

All the buzz about solar, battery isolators, and generators can leave your head whirling.
I've got a very simple setup that works for me.
Storage - batteries
-One 105 ah marine battery was $110 at AutoZone
-One starter battery, used, pulled from my Ford conversion van when I scrapped it.
Charging
-A Schumacher 10 amp battery charger used on regular house current.
-2 hp homemade generator with 2 120ac outlet
-20 watts solar power
-jumper cables
Using power
-clamps with a female 12v socket (RoadPro $7)
-3 female lighter sockets in van
What do I charge?
-Toshiba laptop.
-Toshiba netbook
-Asus netbook
-kindle e-ink book reader
-Verizon tablet
-Bluetooth keyboard
-Bluetooth speaker
-Bluetooth
-smartphone
12v road pro sandwich maker I rarely use
-Usb fan that can also run on my solar phone chargers
This system works for me. Currently I'm in no rush to further upgrade my system. It's easy to use, more than meets all my needs.
I have a conversion van. When I need lights, I reach up and turn one on.
There is more than one right way to live this lifestyle. Don't be afraid to carve out your own path.
If you feel my blog is helpful and entertaining feel free to donate a $1 or $2 at PayPal.me/LouBurgess
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment