Saturday, February 25, 2017

Getting Ready For Night Time

A lot of the nights in the city, I go to Starbucks for some WiFi, do a little Facebook, watch a video or two. Then it's time to pull into my sleeping spot.

Where I currently am, there's no crime in sleeping in your vehicle. I tend to prefer legal parking spots only.

I have a routine that makes it easy to go discreet for the night.

I pull in and put up my windshield cover. It's one my dad gave me three vans ago.

Mona gets let out on her leash for a last goodnight potty.

I have lap quilts that I use with oversized clips to cover the front Windows. Up goes the drivers side window cover first, then the passenger's side ones.

My shoes are left up front in the driver's seat floor. Often I'm charging either a phone or a tablet. I have a battery operated three way light on a hook. I turn that on and get my pillows set up right.

Getting into bed with a Chihuahua always involves some cuddle time. She has her own bed and blankie that supposedly tell her where her part of the bed is. Good joke. Her part of the bed involves being as close to me as she can.

Then it's time to recline, either read on my kindle, watch a video, listen to an audio book, or enjoy some writing.

I keep ear buds handy so others don't have to hear my books or shows.

The potty is handy. It gets emptied in the morning at one of the numerous portapotties that are around town. Never ever is it emptied on the ground.

Trash is emptied in the morning and before I go park for the night.

These things are part of being responsible and respectful of others. To be neat, quiet, respectful, means being welcome to park places. It also means other dwellers behind me don't have issues.

See you down the road
LOU

2 comments:

  1. A gatorade bottle is always close by for me. Wide mouth makes taking a leak much easier.

    ReplyDelete