Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Vandwelling 101 - Daytime Parking Urban Areas

Everyone says arrive late and leave early at your nighttime parking spot. So, when your head is still foggy and that first cup of coffee hasn't kicked in, where do you go? Here's my experience on it.

Wake up, potty dog (remember to scoop that poop), brush hair or throw hat on, pull the windshield Sun protector down, and head for the nearest gas station with coffee/hot water. Grab coffee or hot water and breathe.

Head for a city park with a parking lot. Bonus points if it has shade tree, toilets, running water.

I refill my water jugs, empty potty jugs in bathroom down toilet or at a portapotty.

My trash is usually a Wal-Mart shopping bag or less. Don't put any bags with human waste in them in trash at park.

Don't park next to bathroom or playgrounds. That's just creepy and will make families a bit uncomfortable.

I try to park where I can have privacy while my side barn doors or my rear barn doors are open.

Even better when I find the ones with shaded picnic tables.

I use my backpacking stove in urban areas. If I'm at a park with picnic table, then I pull out my two burner propane stove. I can make breakfast, lunch, and make extra so there's leftovers for a cold dinner.

If you use a charcoal grill...take extra precautions with fire safety. Always pay attention when cooking with any open flame or coals. Too many huge fires start with a careless camper.

Rotate the parks you use and don't congregate with large crowds. Two to three vehicles together sharing the spot is more than plenty.

Be responsible about your trash and gray water.

Before you leave, check your area to make sure it's clean and tidy. No trash blowing around. If it was there when you got there,.pick it up anyway.

Keep dogs on leashes, under control, no excessive barking. Keep music volumes down so you don't annoy others. In other words, be respectful and considerate. Shirts on for guys, ladies it's not necessary to be half naked. People bring their families to parks.

Drinking in public...not a good idea. Draws attention to you, can lead to a DUI and your home being towed.

Remember, how you conduct yourself affects lots of other vandwellers.

See ya down the road
Lou

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for Sharing your Kindness and the great �� Information ℹ️ I wanna be ya when I grow up ! lol �� Seriously �� I really appreciate your simple and thoughtful suggestions and I intend on using them ! God Bless Your Heart ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again thank you 😊 I am really Not familiar with blogging! I had to reset my Google password! Duh 🙄 I hate that they don’t let me just use my email 📧 I need to figure out how to see the rest of your stuff! I can ask my Daughter for help tomorrow! Safe and Happy 😃 Travels! ✝️🙏❤️☮️

    ReplyDelete