Friday, April 28, 2017

Vandwelling 101: Those Rainy Days or Dust Storms

Today is day two of dust storms and high winds. You need to plan ahead for those days where you're cooped up in the van.

Both rainstorms and dust storms mean VAN buttoned up tight. Yesterday was 25 mph winds with gusts up to 50 mph. It was also in the 80s. Vans retain heat. There's also the moisture from your breathing.

Try not to boil water or cook on those days. Van gets a musty smell quickly. I tend to snack all day rather than eat big meals
Bathing...quick washup with wet washcloth. Seal in zip lock bag.

Ok, you've been on Facebook half the day, watched hours of video, what next...
Often I putter with cleaning/organization while listening to an audio book. And there is always naps.
I have a Chihuahua named Mona. On rainy days, she holds it as long as she can. She's learned about the windy dust storms...out, quick per close to van, and she's ready to jump back inside. In the beginning, I had to hold her, comfort her, and keep telling her She's safe. Now...just get out of her way do she can pick her comfy nap spot.  She instinctively knows now that the van is her safe place.

Another thing I like to do on weather days is read...either paperback or e-books.

So, I hope this helps.

See ya down the road
LOU

2 comments:

  1. Being mostly north lately I have noticed my door seals are in need of replacement but I have not made it a priority because when I use my buddy heater or cook I need to vent the humidity anyway. I know if I do not repair these seals before heading southwest I will regret it big time. Nice blog footie.

    ReplyDelete