Thursday, March 23, 2017

Vandwelling 101 - Gadgets

We all love gadgets. Newcomers buy lots of them, and end up losing, breaking, or being unable to find them in all the stuff they bought.

Here are some I've actually found useful. Generally they are small, easily tucked into a nook or cranny, easy to use, and make my life easier. I refuse to be a slave to gadgets. 

1. Kaito Voyager solar crank radio. It charges a variety of ways: solar, hand crank, USB, battery. It includes a light and USB port to charge smartphone. It's a NOAA weather alert radio. 
2. Universal car charger for laptops. It comes with a variety of tips and voltage adjusts. Look on back of your laptop for correct settings. I run my Toshiba off it.
3. Platinum choice solar phone charger. Easily one of my favorite because of size and shape. 
4. U2Cool usb/electric fan. At $10, this little USB fan is a definite win. The fact it folds flat and can run off a small battery bank makes it double useful.
5. Small 2 port solar phone charger & small battery bank. Charge bank during daylight, handy for night or portable use. 
6. My Coleman 440 single burner stove. Dual fuel Coleman fuel or white gas.
7. My oil lantern (uses lamp oil). I love it. Generally a bottle of lamp oil lasts me at least a month.

For the record, I'm not affiliated with any of these products, I don't have an Amazon store, and I don't accept any free or discounted products for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment