Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Vandwelling 101 - Why Buy Land

As one of the biggest rebels on the plane, most ask me...why buy land, you prefer living in your van. 
Actually yes I do prefer my van. It's nice to own off grid land where codes allow me to park my van (or my vintage 18 ft Amerigo travel trailer)  legally and stay there for as short or long a time as I wish.
As long as I own property, it differentiates me from homeless drifters. As a landowner, I'm more likely to respect land and private property, I'm not as likely to get ticket from BLM or DNR for "living on public land".
I remember a "YouTube star" getting a $300 ticket on BLM land. Guess he shouldn't have been so public about living full time in his vehicle and how he really doesn't work.
Society and the law is getting tired of the so called hippies and homeless squatting wherever they like leaving trash and human waste around. Actually so am I.  Like other responsible people, i pull into a campsite and if there's trash n waste, I get out my rubber gloves, face mask, garbage bags, and rake. When I leave, it's clean and looks like mother nature intended. I tend to be welcome back almost anywhere I've camped. It's called Leave No Trace.
Eventually I'd like to have an acre here and there in several states where i can pull onto my own property and enjoy the beauty of nature.
I just signed contact today for a piece near historic Rte 66.
I buy owner financed vacant land with a low down payment and low monthly payments. I can make my payment online with just a few clicks on my smartphone. It's literally that easy.
see Hannalore Inman at http://www.LandIsHome.com go see if something there interests you. Ask questions.
see you on the road
Lou

3 comments: